Hamilo Coast – Pico De Loro – Beautiful but Expensive
Hamilo Coast is the premier seaside development of the SM Group at the head of the Nasugbu coastline. It’s one of the exclusive beach club in the Philippines. It has the following amenities like infinity pool, billiards, poker area, playground, dining area, tennis area, play station area, basketball court, badminton court, private beach and other water sports facilities. Since this is an exclusive beach club you have to buy a share / condo unit, be a member or you can just book a condo unit via www.airbnb.com in order for you to gain access.
Hamilo Coast is just a 2 hours drive from Metro Manila via Cavitex – Ternate-Nasugbu Road or 3-4 hours drive via Tagaytay-Nasugbu Road. On the way to Hamilo Coast you will past about 2 viewing deck that have a very nice view of the coast line and the Kaybiang Tunnel.
Breakdown of Expenses:
|Condo Unit (Good for 4 person)||4,000|
|Guest Fee||1,200 (per guest, peak season, weekends)|
|Hamilo Card||1,050 (1,000 consumable, good for 1 year, entire group)|
|Gas||600 (@38.05 per liter shell v-power+, Mitsubishi Mirage G4)|
|Toll Fee||200 (Via Cavitex)|
|Own Food and Drinks||1,000 (Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch)|
|Total:||9,250 (For 2 persons)|
Things to Remember:
- Its an Exclusive resort. You have to plan your trip since it will take about 3-5 days before you can receive your endorsement letter from the owner of the condo unit you rented via airbnb or from the member that invited you.
- You have to register first at the front gate before you can proceed to Pico Sands Hotel or to the Condominuim.
- You have to pay Php 1,200 per guest as guest fee for unaccompanied guest and Php 800 for accompanied guest. You can also use your SM Advantage card upon paying the registration fees to earn points. They also accept cash payment and all major credit card.
- After registration they will issue a Hamilo card (Php 1050)that you can use to pay any transaction while your inside Hamilo Coast. You need to consume the amount during your stay and if you don’t have plans of coming back. The card and its load will expire 1 year from the date of issuance. By the way, you only need to have 1 card per group and not per guest.
- As a non member guest, you can only access the Pico Beach and the Country Club, the Pico de Loro Beach Club are for members only.
- You cannot pay in cash, if you want to pay in cash you need to top-up the Hamilo card.
- You can bring your own food and cook inside your condominium.
- They have this so called “Grab and Go” mini grocery store that offers overpriced grocery items.
- The “Lagao” Restaurant located in the country club offers Filipino cuisine lunch / dinner buffet for Php 900 – 1000 per person. (This is one very expensive for a buffet).
- If you’re joining airbnb for the first time, use my referral link so that you can have as much as 900+ discount on your first booking. http://www.airbnb.com/c/ezrap46