LG G6 is the latest flagship phone from LG for the year 2017. It seems that LG has finally made a nice phone that can compete with the Samsung Galaxy S8 and iPhone 7. But there is some unwise decision here – the use of old Snapdragon 821 instead of the Snapdragon 835 — but the new and excellent display and the superior camera make it one of the best Android phone available in the market.
- 5.7″ Quad HD Display
- 18:9 Aspect Ratio (2:1)
- Water and Dust Resistant (IP68)
- HI-FI Quad DAC
- 64 GB Internal, microSD (upgradable up to 256 GB)
- 3,300 mAh Battery (non-removable)
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- Very thin Bezels
- HDR10 and Dolby Vision
- Dual Wide Camera
- Rear: 13 MP (f/1.8, OIS, 3-axis, phase detection AF, 71 degrees) + 13 MP (f/2.4, no AF, 125 degrees wide angle), dual-LED flash
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor
- Front Camera : 5 MP, f/2.2, 1080p, 100 degrees – without AF
- No IR Blaster
- No LED Notification
- Non Removable Battery
- No Laser Focus
- No Wireless Charging (For Asian Version)
- No HI-FI Quad DAC and Wireless Charging (For Europe Version)
Pre – Order:
Last April 17 -30 LG Philippines releases a Pre – Order Promotion Kit and they will start to distribute last May 1. Fortunately when I pre-ordered last April 29, LG Megamall branch already have the G6 but without the freebies that comes with it so instead of making the pre-order I opted to purchase the G6. I got my freebies last May 3.
The following items are the freebies and its corresponding SRP.
- Tone Infinim Bluetooth – 7,490
- LG G6 Case – 1,500
- 1 +1 Year Extended Warranty
- Mystic White
- Astro Black
- Ice Platinum
What’s in the Box:
- LG G6
- Fast Charger
- USB Type – C Cable (not shown)
- Warranty Card
- Guide Book
- Sim ejector
- Micro fiber Cloth
I also bought the following items to protect my new LG G6:
- Invisible Defender Tempered Glass [0.33mm] The Ultimate Clear Shield Screen Protector for LG G6 – ₱550.00 (Lazada)
- You can easily apply this tempered, I just followed the direction and I successfully installed it in less than 5 mins.
- It covers the whole face of the LG G6
- It’s so thin it won’t be a problem if you will use a case.
- Ringke Fusion Case – ₱900 + ₱170 (shipping) – (Facebook page) – I will post the link here, later.
- It is a clear back case with 3 different side colors.
- It also comes with a template that you can use to create your own back design. (shown in picture)